Fota Island Golf Club is located in the heart of a stunning 780 acre island woodland estate, in the County of Cork in the South of Ireland.
The estate is home to splendid mature woodlands where three challenging championship courses are woven throughout. Amongst these three fantastic courses is the Deerpark Course, it is often referred to as the best and most enjoyable course here. This parkland course was originally designed by Christy O’Connor Junior and opened in 1993, it has underwent some improvements over the years to create the champion course it is today. It is a par 71 and measures 6,100 yards from the white tees.
- The course enjoys stunning views across Cork Harbour, as it skirts the coastline.
- It benefits from an excellent design in a traditional form,
- it features strategically placed pot bunkers and undulating greens.
- It has a real variety of holes, that are well designed each with a unique charm or challenge.
- The course course passes through tree-lined fairways to green valleys.
- It gives the impression of being a mature course.
You can expect wide fairways, ample water hazards and moderate yet effective bunkering together, they provide a real challenge. A feature of this course are tiered greens that add another element to your game. The course is always in fantastic condition. The greens are perfectly manicured, true and fast, the fairways are wide and perfect, the rough is lush and it can be nasty.