The Cashen Course at Ballybunion Golf Club is a hidden gem in every sense of the phrase. While the Cashen Course receives incredible reviews from all who play it, it would undoubtedly be far more famous were it not located in the same facility as the world famous Old Course at Ballybunion
Ballybunion Cashen course was designed by legendary Golf Course architect Robert Trent Jones Senior. This spectacular links opened in 1982. Since then “Cashen” has developed into one of the finest links courses in the South West of Ireland. This is no easy task when you consider that some of the world’s most famous links courses are located in this region of Ireland.
The Cashen course shares all of the same stunning scenery as its older and more famous sibling. However, Ballybunion Cashen offers a far more unforgivable and brutal golfing experience than the Old Course. High dunes, magnificently course design and unforgettably challenging greens make The Cashen course at test for golfers of all abilities. The high dunes and deep valleys on the Cashen course have become widely recognisable and this course now sits in the same category as all of Ireland’s other legendary golf courses.
Quite simply, Cashen is
- a spectacular links course which presents countless challenges.
- Precision from the tee and sensible golf course management is a must when playing Ballybunion Cashen.
- Employing the services of an entertaining and knowledgeable local caddy will also help!
- The Cashen course offers many “Risk versus Reward” scenarios.
- Our advice is not to bite off more than you can chew!